Mardi Himal Trek
Mardi HImal Trek is a short and adventurous trekking to the lowest and least visited Mt. Mardi trekking peak in the Annapurna region. Mardi Himal is situated just to the south of Mt. Machhapuchhre which is popularly known as Fishtail Mountain. Few trekkers have visited the valley and the ridge to the south of Mardi Himal.
Nepal Easy Trek offers all kinds of trekking in Nepal packages. We also organize this short and popular New Mardi Himal trek in the Annapurna Region. Trekking in the Annapurna Region starts at a low altitude, gently winding through tropical vegetation and waterfalls and inhabited village offering incredible view of Annapurna and Dhaulagiri Ranges. This region is inhabited by the Magar and Gurung people, who are a mixture of Buddhists and Hindus people. Trekking in the Annapurna region is more of a cultural experience with teahouse dotting the trail to make welcome you with a hot lemon drink or tea.
Mardi Himal trek also offers the golden sunrise view over the famous mountain Machhapuchare and leave you breathless moment. Machhapuchhre or Fishtail mountain is the sacred of the Queen of Nepal and has never been climbed. Your trek in the Annapurna region will show you this most picturesque of all peaks from many different angles.
New Mardi Himal Trek is the name of the long rising ridge and its summit at 5,580 m, that forms the southwesterly slope of Mt. Machhapuchhre immediately below its sheer south face. Machhapuchhre towers majestically over the very good valley in Pokhara, is best known as Fishtail Mountain because of its twin peaks that mirrors the image of fish tail. It is superbly beautiful and is considered sacred, so no permits have yet been issued to climb this mountain.
Day 01: Arrival and Meet day at the Kathmandu Airport
Day 02: Drive or flight to Pokhara. Overnight in Pokhara
Day 03: Drive to Khare and then trek to Pothana (1,900m), 3/4 hour
Day 04: Trek to Forest Camp 2500m. 4 hour
Day 05: Trek to Low Camp 3170m. 4/5 hour
Day 06: Trek to High Camp 3620m. 4/5 hour
Day 07: Exploration day at High Camp
Day 08: Trek to Siding Village (1280m). 5/6 hour
Day 09: Trek to Nayapul and then drive back to Pokhara. Overnight at Hotel
Day 10: Drive or flight back from Pokhara to Kathmandu and shopping day in Kathmandu, evening farewell cultural program
Day 09: Departure from Kathmandu, Nepal to your home country
This is the detail for the Group package tour and trekking: Group Size 2 / 4 / 6 / 10 Hikers and larger groups can also be arranged.
- Airport/hotel pick up & drop services
- Hotel accommodation with BB plan as per the itinerary in Kathmandu and Pokhara
- All ground transportation as per the itinerary program by private vehicles
- Kathmandu-Pokhara-Kathmandu domestic airfare if required
- All necessary paper works, temple/museum entry fee and National park fee
- Annapurna Conservation Permit and TIMS card (for 2 or 3 weeks trekking)
- An experienced English speaking guide (trained by Ministry of tourism) and porters, necessary meal/accommodation/transportation/salary/insurance
- All accommodation and meal (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Tea, Coffee in Tea House) during the trek
- Welcome and farewell dinner in a Nepali Restaurant
- All government and local taxes
- International airfare and travel insurance
- Nepal Tourist Visa fee. Visa easily issued at Tribhuvan International Airport - Kathmandu
- Extra night accommodation other than itinerary
- Lunch and evening meals in Kathmandu and Pokhara
- Sightseeing in Kathmandu
- Travel and helicopter rescue insurance (incase altitude sickness in the mountain)
- Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, bottled or boiled water, shower, heater, etc.)
- Tips, gifts for the staff