Naar Phu Valley & Jomsom Trek
Naar Phu Valley and Jomsom Trek takes you to the low tourist visited Naar and Phu villages above 4000m in the Annapurna region. You will also visit the windiest place of Nepal in Jomsom which is also the trekking route to the holy Muktinath temple. This trek is compulsory to be a camping trek due to less tourism infrastructure in the villages of Naar and Phu.
Naar Phu Valley, the non-tourist visit area is perhaps the best trekking area of Annapurna region. This is the trek that combines remote villages, narrow canyons, lovely forests, amazing rock formations, yaks, gompas and unique Himalayan Cultures. Then the trail goes on with the challenging passes like Mason Kang La pass (5320m), Kang la pass (5200m) and explore the new vision to the Manang valley.
Lying beyond a steep sided canyon to the north of Koto on the Annapurna Circuit are the village of Naar and Phu trek. Opened to trekking in late 2003 this naar phu region still has few visitors despite some major attractions. The furthest village is Phu, which lies just a few kilometers from Tibetan border. This medieval stone walled village sits precariously one rock spur over looked by Tashi Gompa, famous for the head lama who is an anchor expert in traditional medicine. Naar lays to the south of Phu and behind Pisang (6891m), a popular trekking peak. From Naar Phu a trail climbs the Kang La (5320m) a spectacular pass with views of the entire northern face of the Annapurna Massif.
The locals in both villages don’t want to see uncontrolled development, so they have created committees to review all new projects and to monitor the impact of tourism to their communities. Despite some initial issues with trekking groups leaving rubbish everything is now working smoothly to the benefit all.
The trekking door of Naar-Phu valley has been opened to visitors since 1992. The view of grand mountains in the high land is found to be the best explorer in this region. One of those this area is highly renowned for the eye catching view of snow leopard and blue sheep which is often seen here. This is primitive village where the trekkers get to learn the real life styles of local (Bothe) communities and have the great pleasure of the marvelous and classic landscape of the valley. The fascinating continuous flow of Manang Marsyandi river will company all the way.
The trekking commence with the exploratory walk passing from Koto to a unique Manang valley. After exploring the remote valley we head to Jomsom (2,713m), the desert of Nepal. Now, the exceptional vantage point view of here follows to reach to the Muktinath (3,802m), the temple of preserver.
Day 01: Arrival and meet day at the Kathmandu Airport. First we welcome you to home of Mt. Everest, Nepal, country of Himalayas. Upon arrival at Tribhuvan International Airport our representative will welcome you and assists to transfer to your hotel in Kathmandu. You will have to make rest day in Kathmandu. Make permit day and you can look around in Kathmandu valley or make Sightseeing tour in the Kathmandu valley. After time to get refreshed, evening you will meet and transfer for the welcome dinner in Nepal Culture restaurant in the heart of Kathmandu and bring briefing about your trip and overnight hotel.
Day 02: Drive from Kathmandu to Besisahar or khudi and Bhulbhule, 7/8 hour
Day 03: Trek Beshishahar to Bahundada or Sange, 5/7 hour
Day 04: Trek Bahundada or Sange to Chamje (1500m), 5/6 hour
Day 05: Trek Chamje to Dharapani (1960m), 6/7 hour
Day 06: Trek to Koto (2600m). Camp. 'Remote Nar Phu'
Day 07: Trek to Meta (3374m). Camp
Day 08: Trek to Kayang (3740m). Camp
Day 09: Trek to Phu Gaun (4050m). Camp
Day 10: Trek to Phu (4050m). Camp
Day 11: Trek to Junam (3550m). Camp
Day 12: Trek to Nar (4150m). Camp
Day 13: Trek to Ngawal (3650m). Camp
Day 14: Retrace back to Chako (3630m). Camp
Day 15: Trek to Nar gaun. Camp
Day 16: Trek to Kang La pass (3324m). Camp. End of the Remote Nar- Fu
Day 17: Trek to Manang
Day 18: Trek to Thorong Phedi
Day 19: Trek to Muktinath
Day 21: Trek to Jomsom along the Kali Gandaki river/valley
Day 20: 2 domestic flight from Jomsom to Pokhara to Kathmandu or visit pokhara
Day 21: Drive or fly from Pokhara to Kathmandu, Evening farewell cultural program
Day 22: Departure to your onward destination
This is the detail for the Group package tour and trekking: Group Size 2 / 4 / 6 / 10 Hikers and larger groups can also be arranged.
- Airport/hotel pick up & drop services
- Hotel accommodation with BB plan as per the itinerary in Kathmandu and Pokhara
- All ground transportation as per the itinerary program by private vehicles
- Jomsom-Pokhara-Kathmandu domestic airfare if required
- All necessary paper works, temple/museum entry fee and National park fee
- Annapurna Conservation Permit and TIMS card (for 2 or 3 weeks trekking)
- An experienced English speaking guide (trained by Ministry of tourism) and porters, necessary meal/accommodation/transportation/salary/insurance
- All accommodation and meal (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Tea, Coffee in Tea House) during the trek
- Welcome and farewell dinner in a Nepali Restaurant
- All government and local taxes
- International airfare and travel insurance
- Nepal Tourist Visa fee. Visa easily issued at Tribhuvan International Airport - Kathmandu
- Extra night accommodation other than itinerary
- Lunch and evening meals in Kathmandu and Pokhara
- Sightseeing in Kathmandu
- Travel and helicopter rescue insurance (incase altitude sickness in the mountain)
- Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, bottled or boiled water, shower, heater, etc.)
- Tips, gifts for the staff