Rolwaling Himal Adventure Camping Trek
Rolwaling Himal Adventure Camping trek is the great trekking into the Rolwaling Himal situated in the Dolakha district, west of the famous Khumbu region. You will drive to the district headquarterof Dolakha, trek through the rough trail and exit from the Namche Bazaar to Lukla airport and fly out from there.
Rolwaling Himal Adventure Camping trekbegins with the scenic drive on the Kathmandu Lhasa highway to the ancient trading town of Dolakha. Our walking tour through a secluded and one of the most beautiful parts of Nepal starts here. We trek through the Rolwaling valley, celebrated as one of the seven hidden valleys in the Himalayan, past beautiful Sherpa and Tamang villages. We visit part of the Thame valley,Tenzing Norgay’s hometown and the Sherpa which lies at the foot of the Everest with the great views of Mt. GauriShankar, DorjeLakpa and TashiLapcha all along the trail.
This trekking also offers a great opportunity for short climbs up peaks like Ramdong Go 5930m. Yalung pass 5310m and Tingsang pass 3320m. The range is bounded on the south by the Rolwaling Valley which contains several small villages and the largest town in the area. Access to the valley and the mountains of the range is made on foot through an established trail system starting at Charikot, 80 km east of Kathmandu. A western style trekking from Charikot to Beding will normally take seven to ten days. A very fine but strenuous camping-style expedition can be made through the Rolwaling Himal to cross the TashiLapcha La (5755m) and into the Khumbu. Even though you may not intend to climb the mountain, a climbing permit will be required for Patchamo (beside the TeshiLapcha to allow access to the upper part of the valley beyond the TshoRolpa. You will also require a trekking permit for the Everest National Park for the return part of the journey.
The preferred approach is to walk in from the bus terminus at Dolakha near Charikot, about drive 7 hours from Kathmandu. The trail is very well defined and used by porters and shepherds going up to the summer kharkas or grazing pastures at Beding. There was a customs check at Jagat where the climbing permit was vaguely inspected. The last habitation is at Na (4180m). From here on in it can and will snow at any time so patience is required which also will help with the essential acclimatisation). The TshoRolpa is an awesome ice lake held back by terminal moraine. The unmarked route goes along the Trakarding Glacier, and then climbs steeply up onto the Drolambau Glacier. The scenery is tremendous every inch of the way the east side of the glacier is a range of mountains well over 6000m. The TeshiLapcha La goes through these mountains by the foot slopes of Patchamo. The descent on the other side is steep and very rough through boulder fields. Sometimes the trail is difficult to find until you reach ThyangboKharka, a very lonely dwelling on the route to Thame, and hence on to Namche Bazaar. From Kathmandu, over the TeshiLapcha and down to Lukla airstrip took 18 days trekking, before the interminable wait for a flight back from Lukla to Kathmandu.
Day 01: Arrival and Meet day at the Kathmandu Airport
Day 02: Kathmandu valley sightseeing
Day 03: Drive from Kathmandu to Charikot
Day 04: TrekCharikot toBiguti
Day 05: Trek Biguti toSureydovan
Day 06: Trek SureyDovan to Jagat
Day 07: Trek Jagat toSimigaou
Day 08: Trek Simigaou (village) to Kelchey
Day 09: Trek Kelchey toBeding
Day 10: TrekBeding to Nagaou
Day 11: Acclimatization day
Day 12: Trek Nagaou to TsoRolpo
Day 13: Trek TsoRolpo to Tolumbhu Buka
Day 14: Crossing TashiLakpa pass 755m, and camp at Thengpo(4300m)
Day 15: Trek camp at Thengpo to Khumjung
Day 16: Trek Khumjung to Namche Bazar
Day 17: Rest day at Namche Bazar
Day 18: Trek Namche Bazar to Phakding
Day 19: Trek Phakding to Lukla
Day 20: Flight back from Lukla to Kathmandu
Day 21: Rest day in Kathmandu and evening farewell
Day 22: Departure from Kathmandu to your home country
See you again wonderful Himalayan country in Nepal. Today is free or last minute you have few hour special shopping for your friend and family to gift, relatives for you until your departure flight to your home country. Or any extra trips or activities you may have booked with us. If departing, you will be transferred to the International Airport for your departure flight to your home country. Hope to see you again Nepal Himalayan country.
This is the detail for the Group package tour and trekking: Group Size 2 / 4 / 6 / 10 Hikers and larger groups can also be arranged.
- Airport/hotel pick up & drop services
- Hotel accommodation with BB plan as per the itinerary in Kathmandu
- All ground transportation as per the itinerary program by private vehicles
- Lukla-Kathmandu domestic airfare
- All necessary paper works, temple/museum entry fee and National park fee
- Trekkers' Information Management System (TIMS) and monument entrance fees
- An experienced English speaking guide (trained by Ministry of tourism) and porters, necessary meal/accommodation/transportation/salary/insurance
- All accommodation and meal (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Tea, Coffee in Tea House) during the trek
- Welcome and farewell dinner in Nepali Restaurant
- All government and local taxes
- International airfare and travel insurance
- Nepal Tourist Visa fee. Visa easily issued at Tribhuvan International Airport - Kathmandu
- Extra night accommodation other than itinerary
- Lunch and evening meals in Kathmandu
- Travel and helicopter rescue insurance (incase altitude sickness in the Himalayas)
- Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, bottled or boiled water, shower, heater, etc.)
- Tips, gifts for the staff